Monday, January 13, 2014

Yang's Wicked Review of Men of Steel by MJ Fields





Sexy tattooed and pierced bad boy, Jase Steel lives on the Jersey shore. Jase his mother, and brothers, Cyrus, Zandor, and Xavier own a tattoo shop. Jase sees Carly his best friends cousin from California who is there to visit her father before going back to Californa for her Sophmore year in college. Jase is immediately drawn to her quirky, funny,Nerdy, and seemingly shy ways. She is equally as attracted to him. Jase and Carly are from two different world, when these two worlds collide will it be a heavenly explosion or just another summer fling.


Carly is home from college to visit her dad when she meets Jase.  Carly is young and really doesn’t know the way of the world and when she meets Jase, he has a girlfriend and is flirty with her.  I didn’t like that to begin with.  I’m not into cheaters and I felt like this was where it was going to go. Grant it, Jase and Pam are on and off again but I felt that wasn’t right.  At this point where they are on again, he pretends to have a fake date with Carly.

WTF???  Really.  

I really didn’t get the point of  that.  He breaks up with Pam and wants a real date now.  Lord, if this is the start of this, what in the world is going to come next.

Jase is supposed to be all alpha like.  Uhm, no.  He is not.  Yes, he is sweet and sexy but I wanted some grrrr moments out of him and it wasn’t there for me.  Carly was just childish for me.  Yes, she is supposed to be nerdy and doesn’t know “how hot she is” type of girl but was just kind of wishy washy for me. 

I just didn’t see the point of this story.  I thought it had potential but with all the things that were in it, it just felt rushed and just sometimes didn’t make sense.  I  do not know what to do with this one.  I am kinda of.. sort of.. disappointed.

This WICKED review brought to you by Yang from WickedLovely Book Bloggers.


No comments:

Post a Comment