Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Yin's Lovely Review - Willing Captive






Delilah “Lily” Flynn is used to her drab existence. Lily’s been living it for twenty two years. Her boring life is suddenly turned on its head when she’s rudely kidnapped from her bedroom.
Or so she thinks.

Nox Taylor is far too high up in his field to be assigned a babysitting job. There’s nothing more he wants than to complete his mission so he can be rid of the smartass tomboy, Lily.

Day after day, Nox watches Lily and her strange ways. She’s unlike any woman he’s ever met. Getting close to the girl is purely for her own protection…right?

Lily never imagined she’d make her first real friends in captivity. 
What lengths would she go through to keep them?



Since today is the first day of the New Year and for obvious reasons I don’t yet have a “fave of 2014” read… I thought I would pick one of my very favorite books from 2013 to feature FIRST on this WickedLovely new blog.

Willing Captive wasn’t at all what I had expected when I first saw the cover. I know, I know… the rule... do not judge a book by its cover. Well, I did and I do, so don’t judge me bitches. I see a chic in a sexy lace blindfold and my inner slut jumps up and down saying “bondage, sex, spank me, yes, yes, OH YES!!”   While it may not have been exactly what I was expecting it was so much more. It was probably one of the best and most well-rounded storylines of 2013, Belle Aurora seriously kicked some ass on this one.

You’ll quickly learn through reading my reviews that I’m not much for spoilers unless they are necessary.  This is one of those books that I honestly feel you need to experience the storyline first hand without any interference in order to fully appreciate the beauty and skill that went into spinning the tale. I will tell you that the fluidity and continuity throughout the book is spot on – there is never a moment where the author goes too far into describing something or where she gives too little. It’s rare to find an author that can keep the balance between too much detail and not enough AND for them to keep it up from page one to done.

Alright, even though I’m not spoiling on storyline I will give you a bit on the characters, first we have Lily and Terah. These girls are sisters and for the most part complete opposites. Terah pushes boundaries and can’t stand giving in to their father’s over-protective tendencies. Lily might not like giving in to the irrational over-protectiveness, but she does so like a dutiful daughter. Spending her time in her room with her e-reader and whatever book-boyfriend she is currently drooling over. (Yes, my wickedlovlies she is a book slut just like us!)

Lil is feisty, her inner monologue is hilarious. Fuck, the stuff that comes out of her mouth made me LOL several times. She’s much like me with the broken filter, snarky comebacks, and “oh shit, did I say that out loud?” problems.  Fun times!  Do not read this book while taking a drink; set the Kindle down, drink, swallow, and THEN continue to read. If not, you might end up either choking to death laughing at Lil and her antics or shooting liquid from your nose. Either way, not cool.

We then meet Rock, Boo, and Nox.  Even though the reasons that these three meet Lily are a bit, hmm, unconventional?  they quickly bond on a level that Lily hasn’t ever experienced before thanks to her father and his controlling ways. Rock and Boo are two totally kick ass secondary characters.  I don’t think I’ve ever read a book that made me fall in love so easily with people who weren’t the main characters. Another bravo moment for Belle, honestly, the book wouldn’t have been what it was without those two. I seriously hope that they will get a book in the future because I would LOVE to get up close and personal with Rock.

Nox is the man with the plan. At least that’s what he thinks, much to his surprise his newest job doesn’t play out exactly like it was supposed to. His neat little plan didn’t take into account the spit-fire that is Lily. The chemistry between these two is palpable and the moment that they come together… let’s just say fireworks have nothing on these two. More like an explosive supernova.  Probably one of my favorite traits for Nox would be that even though he is a by the book kind of guy, he still does everything in his power to try and make Lil happy. He gives in to her in ways that he never anticipated. I LOVED seeing the big, tough alpha man all sweet and sensitive. Talk about swooning. I almost forgot to mention his dirty, dirty mouth. Fuck me, but he talks a good game.

Willing Captive is a five star read all the way around. If you haven’t picked it up yet, you should definitely start your year off with this one. It is the perfect mix of mystery, suspense, romance, humor, and more.

This Lovely review was brought to you by Yin from WickedLovely Book Bloggers.





Belle Aurora is twenty six years old and was born in the land down under. 
At an early age she fell in love with reading. Boredom one summer had her scouring the bookshelves at home. She stumbled across Sandra Brown’s Breath of Scandal and fell in love with romance.
Having been brought up in a loud and boisterous family of Croatian descent, she developed a natural love for dramatics and humor. Only some years ago had she discovered a new love. 
Humorous romance novels.
Kristen Ashley and R.L. Mathewson had opened a brand new world where she could lose herself yet feel safe and at home in their stories. Belle has been known to become a screeching banshee while anxiously awaiting their newest titles.
Belle never thought she would write. It had never interested her until recently. Friend-Zoned began to form and in February this year Belle typed the words Chapter One. And she fell in love.
With words.
With writing.
With a creative imagination she never knew she harbored.
Friend-Zoned is the first in the Friend-Zoned series. Keep an eye out for this cheeky author.








3 comments:

  1. Good luck with your new blog and Facebook page!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope ur 2014 is a good one & hope ur new blog & FB page have great success

    ReplyDelete